Winter is a magical time of year, filled with cozy evenings by the fire, twinkling lights, and snow-covered landscapes. But as the temperature drops, so does our motivation to eat healthy and take care of ourselves. It’s all too easy to indulge in comfort foods and neglect our bodies’ needs.
- There are plenty of foods easily available all year long that can give you a sufficient supply of antioxidants.
- With all the work done during the summer while preserving food, now’s the time to enjoy winter’s fast-food ingredients.
- Cheese-potato soup and fried mush will fuel you up well enough to face the coldest morning that this winter is likely to have.
- Get out the soup pot! In no time at all, a bubbling broth will fill the house with rich aromas, lifting your spirits and sparking your appetite.
- Liven up your winter salads and make them a part of the meal you look forward to again.